Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Cream cheese pound cake



This cake is dense, rich and moist all in one scrumptious bite. It's so simple to throw together, but give yourself plenty of time for baking. It's a long bake time of an hour and forty minutes, plus cooling time. BUT please don't let that deter you from trying this! I think it would pair well with fruit and maybe a little whipped cream. Or just do like I did and eat it plain. I ended up slicing the bundt up and distributing to family.

From Southern Living 2001

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
8 oz (1 pack) cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon good vanilla

Butter and flour a 10" Bundt pan
Cream together butter and cream cheese until blended.
Add sugar, mix until incorporated
Add eggs, one at a time. and vanilla (I crack my eggs into a separate measuring cup to watch for egg shell and put my vanilla on top of that, this way when I pour the eggs in the vanilla also gets incorporated)
Add flour and salt, mix until just mixed in. (consider stirring this last part by hand. Fold in the flour and salt mixer to not over mix your cake *over mixing causes toughness*)

Bake at 300 degrees for an hour and forty minutes.

 
 
Enjoy!
-Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment