Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thin Mint Brownies


Do you have left over Girl Scout cookies you need to get rid of??

Ha! Who am I kidding? Normal people don't store them away or buy the kinds they don't actually like that much. That's right, I said it, I don't like Thin Mints that much...I would eat them if I were forced to, but they are not my Girl Scout cookie of choice. I would much prefer a box of Tagalongs.

Anyway, I have this box of Thin Mints just taking up room in my cupboard and I wanted to use them for something yummy!  I decided to use them as the flour in my brownie recipe. I followed the Baker's One bowl brownie instruction but tweaked it a bit to use my Thin Mints. Here is how I did it:

4 ounces (squares) of unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 stick butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 sleeve of Thin Mint cookies (I counted 17 cookies), crushed
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon mint extract

1. Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in microwave (I had to do a double boiler on the stove, because I still don't have a microwave...long story for later).
2. Remove from heat or microwave and add two cups sugar.
3. Stir in the eggs, adding one at a time.
4. add crushed Thin Mints, flour, and extracts
5. Spread into foil lined 13 x 9" pan
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.

Enjoy with a glass of cold milk (or vanilla almond milk like I did)!

-Amanda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment