Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

About me: Sabrina

Where to begin? Like the short blurb on the About Us section...I am the youngest of us four girls. My husband, B, and I are coming up on our 5 years anniversary in May. So, I guess I’ll start with B and I:


We went to high-school together ,although we were not fond of each other in those days. I say he just knew he loved me from the second he saw me but he had to play it off as being mean. He would probably disagree with that statement though (but I know the truth!). After off and on contact and hanging out, we started dating in 2005 and got married in 2007. B and I are so different yet a lot alike. We are stubborn yet are very good at meeting in the middle. We seem to balance each other out. In 2008, he decided to do something he had been wanting to do for a while, join the Marine Corps. So...that’s where we are today. A Marine Corps family that has a love-hate relationship with it. Brett’s EAS (end of active service) is coming up so right now, it’s in God’s hands as to what our next step will be.


We are currently at the end of our second deployment to Afghanistan...I say we because anyone who has had a spouse deployed knows that is a team effort to get through these things. The first one was hard and seemed like it went on forever. This one is going by fast but by far harder than first deployment. This time, we have two little guys that are missing time with their daddy even though they don’t realize it yet.


About those little guys...Lil’ B and C are almost 11 months old and beyond the biggest blessing we could have ever asked for. After a couple years of trying on our own, 2 IUI’s and a round of IVF, we were thrilled to find out we were expecting twins. I won’t lie, I was scared to be having TWO boys but now, I wouldn’t have it any other way. They are complete opposites. They look nothing alike. They act nothing alike. They each have a little bit of B and I. Lil’ B looks exactly like his daddy. C is more of a mix, although I think he looks a like Kristy’s girls when they were younger with his bright blond hair. C has a lot of B’s personality traits whereas Lil’ B is more reserved and laid back.

Another thing about me, I moved to Arizona out of high school and went to Toni and Guy Hairdressing Academy. I worked at a salon and spa as a hairdresser in Alaska for a couple years then started working an admin job for the insurance. But right now, I am just enjoying being fortunate enough to stay home with the boys and watch them grow and learn new things. To me, this is the best job in the whole world and I wouldn’t trade it for anything!



That’s about it...I don’t have the most exciting life but I do have a great life and lots of great things to share!

-Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment