Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

About me: Amanda style

Hi! Amanda here… If you read the ‘about us’ tab then you know I am the third of the four of us Brooks Girls.  I am the one still residing in Alaska, (unfortunately for my parents, I am also the one with no children).

I am married to my best friend, David, he couldn’t be more perfect for me. He is my biggest supporter in everything I attempt. He is my sense of logic when I am dreaming.  He literally calms me just by being here. I love him so much!


I am a trained Pastry Chef, but I work a day job in the energy industry in Alaska.  I still bake, just not for a living. I hope to share some tips and tricks to help you make bakery quality sweets for your own house. I find baking to be calming, especially decorating cakes or cookies.

I am on a mission to be a strong individual both physically and mentally.  I want to be fit and comfortable in my own skin. The older I get the more I realize being thin is very different than being fit. I have started working out regularly, weight training and running. I have been at it for almost three months and I feel so much better already!
I love to craft, decorate my house, organize, rearrange, I am sure I am much better at all of this stuff in my head, but oh well. I find pleasure creating pretty spaces and making our house a home. We are remodeling our second house. The first was a total overhaul. This one is mostly cosmetic updates, you'll see more on that later. :)

One more interesting tidbit about me, when I married David, I married into a big Cajun family. They are a close knit family that gets together often and enjoys some amazing Cajun meals. I really enjoy cooking, so I had to learn to cook some of Granny's meals. I will share my successes and failures as I expand my cooking knowledge.

I look forward to rambling about all of the above stuff and more with my sisters! 

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment