Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Did What I Pinned Wednesday! 10/3

Are you on Pinterest?  If you are, you know it is very easy to pin all of these wonderful things that you are certain you are going to do and then never get around to them.  We thought it would be fun to start sharing some things that we have actually pinned and completed and let you know how it went and what we thought of it. 


First up, Jeannie with this gorgeous wall art. 
I cannot for the life of me find the original source for this picture so if you know where it is please let me know so I can give credit.


Ummmm not loving my version.  The colors I used aren't great and I think I should have used smaller petals and more of them.  I lived with it for a while....


Then one day I took all the petals off (I had just glued them on so it wasn't hard to do).


You can see that the lettering is still the green color but I cut out the lettering in vinyl with my silhouette and then sprayed over all of it with a gray I already had. I am much happier with this piece and still can't help but sing the song whenever I read it.

Jeannie
 
So, the first thing that came to my mind that I have made recently from Pinterest was this Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake from Southern Living. I made it, took it to my husband's granny's house for family dinner, devoured it...but forgot to take a picture.
 
It was delicious! The only real "reviews" I have of this recipe is to note that the recipe calls for a 14 cup bundt pan. I only have a 10 cup, so I made a few giant muffins on the side to not overflow the bundt pan. Also note, don't let the praline frosting (it's delicious as well)cool too much before pouring it over the cake.
 
I will make this recipe again!
Click here follow me on Pinterest!
 
Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment