Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Wreath

I've had the stuff for this wreath laying around since before we moved into our new house but between moving, two sick toddlers and traveling to Idaho, I have hardly had time to decorate. My fall decoration box is still closed with everything still in but today, I had some motivation during nap time to do this wreath.

All you need is: a wreath, fabric, twine (or jute...I'm not sure of the difference), hot glue gun, ribbon and the letter you would like. I bought everything from Hobby Lobby. The fabric was left over from the boys' lamp (that I would like to mention was broken during our move by our movers...sigh....)

Wrap your letter in the twine. Every couple turns, I used a little hot glue to keep it in place. Some letters will be more difficult then others. I think letters with more curves will be a little harder but just wrap it until it is completely covered.

I used this tutorial for the fabric flowers: Cherry Street Cottage

Use your hot glue gun and glue the flowers into place. I used three flowers but you can use more or less.

Cut your ribbon long enough to go around the wreath and hang on your wreath hanger.




No comments:

Post a Comment