Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Amanda's Fall Resolutions

I know, I've been M.I.A. for a while now. Honestly, I think I underestimated how much school work would go along with the three nights a week classes and working full time. Luckily, my three sisters have been busy blogging away about some really great topics and projects! I have really enjoyed their recent posts, have you checked them out yet? 

To catch you up on the happenings in my life: 

I got a new job! I ended my last job on a Friday and started the new job on the next Monday. I should have planned it where I had a little break in there! I have been at my new job for almost three weeks and am really enjoying the new environment and challenges! 

I am over half-way through my first "real" semester back at college! (I say "real" because I am actually going to classes at the university three nights a week).

My husband, David, has been to Spokane twice to visit his cousin that is in the CICU for major heart surgeries (remind me to tell you more about the amazing miracles this man has been through). 

We've gotten a little further on our kitchen remodel which includes getting a new dishwasher!!

And lets see, what else have I been up to? Oh, I officially started Christmas shopping and Christmas baking planning! I am trying to spread Christmas gifts out over more than just one paycheck this year. 

Anyway, it may not seem like it but we've been busy around here! The first things to start slipping when we are busy is our eating habits (we start eating junk that is quick) and we stop working out.  As a result, I've gained weight which makes me self-conscious and uncomfortable. I've decided to not wait until January 1st to make a resolution. I am making my fall resolutions today! Here are my official fall resolutions:
  • Work out - cardio 3 days a week, weights 3 days a week
  • Plan healthy meals and stick to it
  • Pack my lunches - it is so much cheaper and better for me to bring my lunches to work
  • Stay up on my homework - on nights I do not have class I should be working on homework but I make so many excuses to not. 
  • Maintain a clean house by doing a little each day
  • Keep up on blogging
Today, I got on the treadmill again! I am using the couch to 5k app by active.com. It's only day one but I like the idea of the app telling me what to do. 

I made a menu plan for the week and went to the grocery store for all the fixings. I even started on some of the meals for the week because some evenings we have no time to cook. Here is my menu plan for the week:
  • Chicken taco salads - I will post the recipe if it's good. I have the chicken cooking in the oven now since it can be reheated the night we eat it. I will pre-make the salsa dressing when I am done with this post. Then all I will have to do is reheat the chicken and assemble.
  • Lasagna Soup from a farm girls dabbles - I subbed italian turkey for the sausage. I have this done up until adding the pasta. I will reheat the soup and do the pasta the night we eat it.
  • Baked chicken with twice baked potatoes. I have baked the potatoes and preassembled them. This way when David gets home from work, he can put it all in the oven. 
  • Skinny Jalepeno Popper Chicken from skinnytaste.com 
  • We will do left overs on one night. 
I am putting myself out there to have you (and my sisters) keep me accountable for taking care of myself, working out, and eating right. Alaskan winters are too dark and depressing on their own with out me eating horribly and not working out. So, who is with me? Need to recommit to your New Year's resolutions for 2012? Why not start now with me? Pretty please! 

I promise I will be back with more interesting things next time I blog! :)

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment