Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Ice Cream Man is Outside!


Have you ever heard that from your kids and then scramble to grab money, run outside all excited just to see their tail lights turning off your street and then he is gone....we have.  So this year I came up with a plan because because getting money from the ice cream man is one of the joys of summer.  It is a super simple project and all you need is:

a jar (mine was .50 at goodwill)
spray paint
vinyl or sticker
ribbon



 I used this Green Apple spray paint that I already had in my stash.  Spray paint the lid.  I used two coats to get it all covered evenly


I cut my vinyl decal with my silhouette but know that not everyone has a paper cutter. I have seen that Hobby Lobby has some cute ice cream stickers or even letters where you could spell out "Ice Cream" on the jar as an alternative.



We have been putting our change at the end of the day in it, any money I find in the washer or dryer, and the kids can earn money to go into it by doing extra chores if they want.

Like I said, super simple project and it will be fun to grab the whole jar and run outside next time the ice cream man makes his rounds down our street.


XOXOX
Jeannie

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I love the green apple color too. I'm visiting from the Liz Marie link party. Have a wonderful day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete