Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Revamp the Lamp

So...I haven't contributed to the blog much. Things have been...a little crazy. Between B returning from Afghanistan, moving, unpacking and just being a mom of two 1 year olds, I have had no time. Luckily things have settled down some. So here I go...

I went to a much needed hair appointment the other day and within 5 minutes of being there, I get a text from my husband that looks like this: (Please ignore the mess)

Yup, my dear precious C broke our lamp by banging it against the wall. While it was nothing fancy, I didn't feel like going to replace it completely and had no idea where to get just the glass part. So I decided to change things up a little and change it to a lamp shade. Problem was, I didn't know where to start. I searched Pinterest and Google trying to find a tutorial on how to change it but couldn't find much. I took off the rest of the glass part and decided to go from there.


The boys and I made a trip to Lowes to look at the lighting section. (Can I just add that Lowes really made me happy that day. I knew they wouldn't have a double cart and it is SO hard to shop pushing a double stroller and carrying a basket but Lowes has awesome baskets with a handle and wheels to pull around. Score!) I saw the lamp harps and knew that is exactly what I needed. It worked perfectly and was only $4. I originally purchased the 10" harp but it was too tall once I got the shade on there. So I went back and got a 8" harp. I won't lie, I had to have B undo the bolt for me because it was on there dang tight. 


I purchased a lamp shade on clearance from Lamps Plus but wanted something bigger. I found one at Lowes for $19. It is pretty simple and I think a trip the fabric store is in the future to cover the lamp shade but all in all, I am happy with it.




                                                                - Sabrina


1 comment:

  1. Great idea and a lot less breakable! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete